BREAKING: Kidnappers, Demands N50m Ransom For A 69 Year Old Businessman — See Detail…

Mr. Basil Agha, a 69-year old business man has been reportedly kidnapped by men who were said to have claimed to be police men.

According to reports this incident occurred at his country home in Umuofor village, Orlu local Government Area of Imo State.

Mr. Agha, have been said to have gone to his home town only to renovate ahead of the arrival of his family from Lagos, his house where they were supposed to spend the festive period together.

Findings also revealed that he was biding fare ware to an electrician when he was abducted by the attackers who stormed his compound.

However, Ikenna, the son of the kidnapped man Agha, said the kidnappers contacted the family and demanded a ramson of N50 million out of which N2.6was paid when all efforts by the police to rescue him yielded no result.

“He was kidnapped on Friday, October 28, 2016, inside his compound around 1pm. The kidnappers told him that they were from the State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department and ordered him to follow them into a waiting vehicle.

I told my brother who broke the news to me on the phone that we didn’t have any issue with anybody. On Sunday, they called me and demanded N50 million ransom.

My relatives reported at the Orlu Police Station and I also submitted a petition at the Federal SARS in Adeniji Adele.

Five policemen from the Federal SARS followed me to Orlu. But for the six days that we spent in Owerri, the kidnappers did not call me again. On November 9, we came back to Lagos and they called again.

I negotiated with them and we agreed on N2.5 million. They asked me to drop the money somewhere in Onitsha and promised to release him the following day.

After dropping the money, we waited throughout the day, but he was not released. Two days after, they asked for another N2 million. We negotiated and they reduced it to N500,000.

I said I could only afford N100,000 and they agreed. They called me with my father’s number. On November 14, I told my brother in Owerri to take the money to where we dropped the N2.5 million.

Since they collected the N100,000, I have not received any call from them. I have gone back to the Federal SARS. They said they were communicating with the DPO, Orlu division.”

Ikenna has called on the Inspector-General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, and other security agents to come to the family’s aid and rescue his father as it is not a certainty to the family whether he is still alive or has been killed by the kidnappers.

Facebook Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *